Adrian Gordon Café, Harrow, Stanmore, Greater London, HA7 3FT
£25,000 - £30,000 + Benefits
The Sous Chef will work alongside the head chef within the Adrian Gordon Cafe at Sandringham. You will be responsible for food production and service in our new modern facility, you will also assume the role of head chef in their absence. An important role in the kitchen, the Sous Chef is responsible for the smooth day-to-day running of food preparation and working practices., whilst meeting Health & Safety Regulations, financial controls and the management and development of kitchen teams.
You will need :
• City of Guilds 706 1 / 2 or equivalent of
• Appropriate supervisory experience and relevant qualifications pertaining to the safe delivery of Food & Hygiene or Catering Services. NVQ Level 2 or 3
• At least five years’ experience in a busy kitchen
• Awareness of COSHH and CQC regulations
• Experience of working to deadlines and adhering to budgetary requirements.
• Takes responsibility for own work and making improvements where possible
• Awareness of waste disposal techniques and infection control
• Understands the challenge of and sensitivity needed to care and support vulnerable people
• Working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation• Ability to organize and prioritise workload, and work under pressure
• IT Literacy – with an ability to pick up new systems with ease
• Ability to communicate and manage interpersonal relationships, including influencing skills.
• Excellent customer service skills
For a full job description please email firstname.lastname@example.org
In line with government guidance, we will be asking all candidates to confirm if they have been vaccinated against COVID-19
We are a team of many different backgrounds and cultures
Jewish Care is the leading health and social care charity serving the Jewish community in the UK. Though our clients are all of a similar religious tradition, our staff represent diverse cultures and faiths.Why you'll love working with us
No matter how young or old you are, if you want to make a real difference in people's lives, we'll reward you for your hard work and dedication. On top of providing some of the most competitive pay rates in the care industry, we offer excellent benefits, including:
Jewish Care is a communal organisation touching the lives of over 10,000 people every week. We aim to make a positive impact on the lives of Jewish people by enhancing wellbeing and inspiring them to stay connected to their community. We provide a variety of health and social care services to meet the community's physical, social and emotional needs, including older people, those with mental health needs, Holocaust survivors, people living with dementia and people with disabilities.
We employee 1,100 staff and 3,000 volunteers from multicultural backgrounds who work together to enrich vulnerable people's lives in a positive and caring way. Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic we are proud of how our staff have responded and the agility they have shown to ensure we continue to meet changing requirements.
Please be aware that this vacancy will close once a sufficient number of candidates have been identified.
If you can't find what you're looking for then register your CVREGISTER CV