Amelie House, Barnet, Greater London, Greater London, NW11 9DQ
£32,130 - £38,760 + Benefits
Social Workers £32,130 - £38,780
We are recruiting across our resources for Social Workers at various levels
We have opportunities, across our different locality teams: NW London & Central London
What you can expect to earn:
Qualified Social Workers £32,130 - £34,170 pro rata
Senior Social Workers £36,720 - £38,760 pro rata
We can offer a flexible approach and have Full Time & Part Time, and Maternity Cover opportunities
The role of a Jewish Care social worker is to work in partnership with individuals, carers and relevant voluntary and statutory resources to provide personalised care, that enables people referred to the service to reduce risk to themselves or others and to improve their quality of life.
Taking an active role in collaborative working and building networks within and external to Jewish Care to develop community and group interventions that enhance social and community life for the benefit of people in their local areas
We care and support many people including: those living with dementia, end of life needs, disabilities, family carers.
What you’ll be doing:
• Managing workload independently and prioritise effectively so people who use the service receive support according to their level of risk
• Challenging discriminatory practice and inappropriate behaviour in colleagues and in people who use the service in order to ensure people are treated with dignity and respect at all times
• Demonstrating confident and effective judgement in making timely decisions to achieve positive change
• Identifying local services and resources that promote independence, choice and dignity of individuals, carers and families to enable people to remain within the community as far as this is possible
• Embracing a multi-disciplinary approach in working within Jewish Care and with external providers to offer people who use the service the most effective interventions to address their difficulties
• Ensuring that information gained through community involvement is fed back to Jewish Care in order to continually improve service provision according to changing circumstances
• Carrying out any other reasonable duties as requested by their line manager to ensure the service evolves in response to any changing circumstances
You will need:
Jewish Care offers excellent benefits and training to all staff. Benefits include, free meals, 20 day’s annual leave, Jewish Care Pension scheme, various discounts, Loans and mileage reimbursement, ride to work scheme, eye tests, employee referral bonus and more.
Jewish Care is a leading communal organisation. We are the largest health and social care charity for the Jewish community in the UK, caring for nearly 7,000 people every week. Approximately 1500 staff from multi-cultural backgrounds together with 3,000 volunteers help to maintain their service. It provides a wide range of services to help meet the community’s physical, social and emotional needs, both directly and in partnership with other organisations. We care & support many people including; older people with dementia, disabilities, mental health needs and Holocaust survivors and many more.
We aim to make a positive impact on the lives of Jewish people by creating excellent social care that enhances well-being and inspires them to stay connected to their community. The organisation is committed to finding innovative solutions tailored to the people who use their services.
We are a proud to be multi award winning organisation. Prestigious awards and accolades they have received include; The Skills for Care Best Employer for over 250 people, and The Investors in People Gold standard.
Please be aware that this vacancy will close, once a sufficient number of suitable candidates have been identified therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
If you can't find what you're looking for then register your CVREGISTER CV