Wohl Court, Barnet, Hendon, Greater London, NW4 4FD
£9.69 - £10.15 + Benefits
Do you want to work for a multi-award-winning organisation offering high quality housing with care services to older people? We are proud to be the UK’s leading charity providing health and social care to the Jewish community.
We are recruiting a full-time (37.5 hours) Care and Support Worker in our new build Retirement Living Service, in central Hendon. There are a range of shifts for staff including working some weekend work.
You will need to commit to our fixed 2 week rota:
Monday Tuesday Saturday Sunday
Wednesday Thursday Friday
The salary is £10.15 if you have QCF2/NVQ2 or above or £9.69 per annum if you are working towards or willing to work towards your qualification.
We offer a 6-week induction training programme, which will enable new staff to understand how we work with tenants and provide a culturally appropriate service. There are opportunities to progress your career in care and support, alongside promotional opportunities with a fantastic induction and training and development programme.
• Checking tenants well-being on a regular basis, as directed according to their needs as detailed in their Care, support and Risk Plans.
• Responding to emergencies and contacting emergency services if required
• Dealing with breakdown of services, e.g. power cuts, responding appropriately to death, keeping a record of all emergencies attended to.
• implementing and monitoring care & support plans to meet the individual needs of a diverse group of Tenants
• Delivering personal care including bathing, feeding, etc. and other domestic tasks such as preparing meals, cleaning etc.
• Assisting with the preparation and provision of hot meals, communally or individually in tenant flats, observing Kashrut procedures always.
• Advocating on behalf of service users with other agencies.
• Signposting people to Welfare benefits advice.
• Contributing to building community spirit within the resource through participating, encouraging, enabling and facilitating social events that meet the needs of diverse tenants.
• Contributing to effective team working and positive service culture, and be able to work effectively with people living with dementia and promote health and well-being for all tenants.
• NCQ level 2 in Health and social Care (Desirable, not essential)
• Previous Experience within a Care or Health setting.
• Excellent communication
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships
We are looking for candidates with positive energy who enjoy working with people and understand the importance of team working. You will need to make decisions independently and develop trusting and respectful; relationships with all members of the team and tenants and their families.
The scheme houses Older Jewish People, so you will be interested in other people, their culture and preferences for living. All training in terms of understanding the Jewish way of life is provided during our extensive induction training.
Why you’ll love working with us:
Jewish Care offers excellent benefits and training to all staff. Benefits include, free meals, 20 day’s annual leave, Jewish Care Pension scheme, various discounts, Loans and mileage reimbursement, ride to work scheme, eye tests, employee referral bonus and more.
We are a team of many different backgrounds and cultures
Jewish Care is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. Though our clients are of similar religious tradition, our staff represent various cultures and faiths, bringing their own unique perspectives and individuality to their roles.
Please be aware that this vacancy will close, once a sufficient number of suitable candidates have been identified therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible. To request a full job description, please email Recruitment3@jcare.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
We are a team of many different backgrounds and cultures
Jewish Care is the leading health and social care charity serving the Jewish community in the UK. Though our clients are all of a similar religious tradition, our staff represent diverse cultures and faiths, bringing their own unique perspectives and individuality to their roles.Why you'll love working with us
No matter how young or old you are, if you want to make a real difference in people's lives, we'll reward you for your hard work and dedication. On top of providing some of the most competitive pay rates in the care industry, we offer excellent benefits, including:
Jewish Care is a communal organisation touching the lives of over 10,000 people every week. We aim to make a positive impact on the lives of Jewish people by enhancing wellbeing and inspiring them to stay connected to their community. We provide a variety of health and social care services to meet the community's physical, social and emotional needs, both directly and in partnership with other organisations, including older people, those with mental health needs, Holocaust survivors, people living with dementia and people with disabilities.
We employee 1,100 staff and 3,000 volunteers from multicultural backgrounds who work together to enrich vulnerable people's lives in a positive and caring way. Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic we are proud of how our staff have responded and the agility they have shown to ensure we continue to meet changing requirements.
Start the rewarding career you've been wishing for. Apply today!
Please be aware that this vacancy will close once a sufficient number of candidates have been identified.
If you can't find what you're looking for then register your CVREGISTER CV